Sunday 29 December 2013

MAC Ruby Woo Dupe: Lakme 9 t o 5 Red Coat

Hello my lovely ladies,

I'm sure all of you have found MAC Ruby woo to be one of the Finest Red shades in the Beauty sphere and that includes me too. I've always wanted to get this shade and when I finally did I was more than thankful for my decision. But not everyone is ready to shell out a thousand rupees for a lipstick and it's also out of stock quite often at the store so it's hard to get your hands on too. 

I'm sure many of you have tried to get hold of an affordable dupe for the MAC Ruby Woo . During the recent GOSF sale I bought Lakme 9 to 5 lipstick in Red Coat and today when I was just playing with the two shades I made a great discovery. I tried the shades on both my lips. I applied Ruby woo on my upper lip and Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat on the lower lip and Whoa!!!!! I was stunned to see no visible difference in the pics. The shades seemed as if I had applied a single lipstick. 

In reality there was like 5% difference, Ruby woo is texture wise a bit more drying and a teeny bit darker. But in the pictures they were like 100% same. See the lip swatches and decide if I'm right or wrong !!!!!

Do tell me what you think in the comments . :)
MAC Ruby woo Dupe Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat : No Lip Liner or Gloss



MAC Ruby woo Dupe Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat : No Lip Liner or Gloss


MAC Ruby woo Dupe Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat : No Lip Liner or Gloss

A quick Review of both the lipsticks :


Ruby woo:

A Retro Matte red from MAC. The shade needs no new introduction as I am sure you've heard all about it until now. The texture of Ruby woo is quite dry and it's very pigmented. The shade is a brilliant blue based bright red which is totally suitable for any skin tone. . .And I really mean ANY !!!!

Lakme 9 to 5 lipsticks Red Coat:

Lakme 9 to 5 lipsticks are their new revamped look of the old 9 to 5 lipstick range. These are matte yet they are certainly not as drying as MAC Ruby Woo. It is easy to apply and stays a reasonable amount. Most of the shades in this range is subtle and only a few shades are bright; Red Coat is one of those lipsticks. The shade is a bright red and it'll suit all skin tones.

So Hope you liked this post ..Do comment if You want me to continue making such posts :)


Love

Shabby G

(Sayantani)
Beautiful As Always

40 comments:

  1. I guessed :) Very close yaaa... :O perfect post!

    Waise.. I m dewana of ur cute face shabby.. Red looks hot on u ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww . . :)

      thank you so much Sush <3 They shades look quite same in pics. in reality Ruby Woo is a bit darker :)

      Delete
  2. Hey-nice post! Also loved your Lakme Red coat review! such a gorgeous shade!!
    Aay Kay
    http://goldensequinns.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yupp . !!! Me too think so .. :) Thanks for stopping by Parita :)

      Delete
  4. ure totally right. there isnt much of a difference barring the texture!! U look so adorable btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks fr dis post shabby I wanted to buy ruby woo but v don't hv mac store in udaipur nw I cn buy red coat such a lovely shade n suits u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear ..Glad the post is of help .The shades are quite similar and Lakme one is definitely less drying .. :P

      Delete
  6. This shade is so similar to ruby woo...btw looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine :) The shades really are quite similar

      Delete
  7. You look beautiful and the swatches are amazing, agree they are quite alike!! Excellent find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One reason why I didn't buy ruby woo was cz it's
    matte
    This one looks like a great alternative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ruby Woo one is very drying even on my Normal to Dry Lips and Lakme is a great alternative :)

      Delete
  9. Looks beautiful!! Very close dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes i agree it is near dupe of ruby woo :) between lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lip swatches!! The colour suits you a lot <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely red...yes its so close..wil get this one.....u look cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iswarya .. Do get it ..It's quite similar :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely lovely shade! and yes, it's a sure dupe :D.....BTW, you look so cute in the last pic! and gorgeous lip swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow really loved the swatches dear ! You look very beautiful !
    Kisses
    Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! So pretty, it looks similar to a combo of ruby woo and chili!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this color!! waiting to buy one !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you just say Lakme is a dupe of MAC Ruby Woo, it was you who said this, we had a full discussion on this topic on fb- all our friend circle and we were just shocked to know this and amazed, laughed a lot that day but if you say so, it must be for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiee. .Ya I checked it again later on and realized that they both were strikingly similar :)

      Delete
  18. lovely post :) red looks fab on you...you have a lovely blog :) following you now :) it would be great if you follow us back :) nice to connect, stay in touch

    ReplyDelete
  19. very close indeed...love your fotd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachna :) Really happy that you agree with me :)

      Delete
  20. Lovely lip swatches and you look so pretty gal!! <3 I followed you on GFC, g+, facebook and Bloglovin. I would love to stay in touch! Do visit my blog and feel free to add me as well. :)

    Love
    Charu
    http://myglossyaffair.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the Lovely Gesture dear ..Surely will be keeping in touch :)

      Delete

Leave A Message and Make My Day